Pages

About Us

About Us:

In response to requests, I have created this blog for frum doulas. Due to the limitations of this blog, I have created a new site :

Frum Birth Professionals Association: Register at http://fbpa.info/

This is a new venture. Over time, we might make changes to the settings. All suggestions welcome.

Sunday, September 2, 2012

"Jewla" designation

Recently I was thinking about creating a designation to an already certified doula, not sure what to call it but Jewla is my working title. :) Basically we would offer additional certification in understanding the basic halachos of labor and the postpartum period, so the doula would be aware and respectful. Also an understanding of the Kosher kitchen. I am imagining mostly frum women participating in this, so it wouldn't be starting from scratch, but there might be someone Jewish but not as educated who lives in or near a vibrant Jewish community and wants to enhance her knowledge. I have a feeling this could be an asset to someone working with a particular population. Thoughts?

Rivkah Estrin
South Florida
CBE, postpartum doula (DONA), pregnancy consultant

1 comment:

  1. I wonder how I either missed this group, or worse, forgot about it. :-( I would love additional learning as a frum doula. And if certification is a possibility, I like having more letters after my name!

    ReplyDelete